Last July 30, 2012 it was my grandmother's 86th birthday. Every year we celebrate her birthday with a blast! I know a few days have already passed since then, but I just wanted to share these photos with you guys :)
My lovely grandmother with bouquets of red roses from my family and from my relatives.
Lovely fountain on champagne glasses.
This is what I love about her party. It's a Mongolian Buffet from Sweet Inspirations. Here's what you do...
- Line up with everyone else.
- Get a bowl and choose either rice or noodles.
- On the right side there are choices of vegetables (carrots, cabbage, onions, tofu, etc.)
- On the left side you can make your own sauce (from sweet, sweet & spicy, sweet & sour or hot & spicy) there are instructions on how you can make the sauce.
- The last part is you get to choose what you'll top it with (beef, pork, chicken, fish or squid
Did I mention that all the ingredients are raw and you'll have to get it cooked afterwards? This is the most exciting part. After you get all the ingredients you like, you'll give it to the waiter waiting at the end of the line, and he/she will give you a number. There's a cook outside who'll grill your food and when it's done, it will be delivered on your table.
And here she is before blowing the candles on her cake :)
We really had a good time that night. Everyone on my mother's side of the family was there and we really enjoyed the celebration. This August 13, we'll be celebration my mom's 50th birthday. I already ordered a cake for her from the same shop as a surprise. I hope it will be a good party as well <3